Your first appointment at Minnesota Voice & Speech Clinic will be a comprehensive evaluation including
some or all of the following:
- Interviewing about the specific problem that brings you to see us, your concerns, the onset, your medical history, and your expectations.
- Formal evaluation of the specific problem.
- Observation of your speech, voice, language, and oral functional abilities.
- A preliminary estimate of the type of problem that you have, what we can do to improve it, and how long it might take to make reasonable
- Recommendation for additional medical care or other treatment if needed.
- If other problems (speech, voice, swallowing or breathing) are discovered during the evaluation, a specific evaluation for the additional prolem(s) will be
done if time allows or will be recommended for a follow-up visit.
- A trial period of therapy is started with the first visit to begin getting some resolution to your problems. This is separate from the evaluation
A summary report will be sent to your physician or the professional who referred you to us. You will also receive a copy of your summary report.
If you authorize us to release the information, we are happy to send a copy of your report to other professionals.