Due to the high volume of patients seeking treatment in our clinic, Minnesota Voice &
Speech Clinic has implemented the following collections policy.
Minnesota Voice &
Speech uses this collections policy
for balances due on
- Speech therapy coverage under health insurance varies. It is the patient’s responsibility to check with their insurance company
about exclusions, deductibles, co-payment, and co-insurance prior to visiting our office.
- Claims processing time for individual insurance companies can vary. Questions on the status of a claim should be addressed with
our Office Manager, Marti.
- Invoices are sent monthly when there is a balance on a patient account. The "statement amount" listed at the top of your invoice
is the amount owed. If we have filed insurance claims on your behalf, this is the amount your insurance payer has assigned as your responsibility to pay.
- Payment is due to our office within 21-days of invoice. If payment in a lump sum is not possible, please contact our office to
discuss a payment plan with Marti. Payment plans will not automatically be implemented for past due
- When an account exceeds 150-days past due, we will turn the account over to our collections agency.
- Our collections agency is American Accounts and Advisers. They will work
with you to ensure that your account remains in good standing before your credit rating is affected.